Gone to use the water in your bathroom to find the water not draining away, or can you hear a gurgling sound in the drains when you are using the water? Call Mr Emergency we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to unblock your drains for you.
Mr Emergency are drain cleaning specialists, we have all the drain cleaning machines required to unblock a drain and have it flowing freely again before you know it. We also have on board with us a CCTV drain camera, so we are able to see what is causing the blockage and use the right drain cleaning machine for the type of blockage.
For stormwater or sewer drain blockages the best machine to use to remove the blockage would be the Hydro-jet machine, it is a high powered pump that delivers powerful jets of water down the drain to clear even the most stubborn of blockages. We also have the Marco and Ridgid machines that we use for those jobs, they can clear a small or large blockage quickly and easily and can be used on sinks or on drains. An electric eel is a steel flexible rod that has a cutting device at the end of the rod that can cut through blockages quickly like tree roots or built up toilet paper.
It is important that as soon as you notice you have a blockage in your drains that you get it tended to as quickly as possible, as the longer you leave it the worse it can get and take longer to clear or possibly burst the pipes which will cause more problems and overall cost more to fix. Here are some of the triggers you might find that shows you have a blockage:
- Gurgling noises in pipes
- A horrible smell coming from the drains
- Toilet level is either too low or too high or could completely overflow
- Water is slow to drain in your basins, sinks or shower
- Water pressure decreases
There are many reasons a drain could become blocked and need a plumber to attend to unblock it. Some of the most common reasons are leaves, soap, sanitary products, dirt, oil, tree root, build-up of hair, food scraps, children flushing toys down toilet, cracks or breakages in the pipes, build-up of toilet paper, debris or grease. This is why it is important to call an expert to clear the blockages as we have the tools to find out the reason for the blockage and will use the right machine to get the blockage clear properly without damage to the pipes.
There are ways to help prevent getting a blocked drain at your property. Try following these tips:
- Get leaking taps fixed ASAP to prevent further damage
- Run hot water down the drains weekly to keep oils and grease from building-up in the drain pipes
- Fit strainers to all plugholes in your property to avoid larger items going down the drain and empty the strainer once full
- Remove built up scale inside your shower
- Do not use the toilet as a rubbish bin, and do not use excessive amounts of toilet paper
- Make sure you empty all food scraps into the bin from the plates before putting in the dishwasher
- Do not pour oil or grease into the drains, put them in a container and dispose into your rubbish bin
If you follow these tips and still find your drain blocking, give us a call immediately and we will send a plumber out to inspect your drains and find the source of the problem and get it cleared straightaway.